# Training and personal development
In line with Principle 5 of the Co-operative Principles, we actively encourage people to develop their skills in order to better carry out their duties, maintain happiness, interest and exceptional standards of work.
The aims of our training policy are to:
- help you develop the skills and give you the knowledge necessary to do the jobs for which you have been recruited.
- help you develop the skills and give you the knowledge required in other jobs in the company, so that flexibility may be achieved at all levels in the company
- increase the effectiveness of everyone in the company, and therefore of the company as a whole.
As well as on-the-job training, Agile Collective may dedicate a portion of your working hours to developing your skills.
# Reviews and retrospectives
During a sprint of development work, members of a team review work constantly with the client to ensure that work is at the quality desired by the client. At the end of a sprint the team may also hold an internal retrospective to raise questions and issues within the team.
# Training & developing others
Everyone is expected and encouraged to participate in training and developing other members of the team, our clients, and members of the local digital community. This may happen through:
- Internal code reviews, or pair-programming
- Internal skill sharing
- Presentations at local meetups and conferences
- Preparation of training materials, including apprenticeship materials