We want to encourage a safe and pleasant work atmosphere. This can only happen when everyone cooperates and commits to appropriate standards of behaviour. The Company expects its employees to:
- Be honest.
- Abide by all Company policies and procedures.
- Respect the authority of those responsible for supervision.
- Refrain from using language that is offensive, or sexually explicit, or of a derogatory racial or ethnic nature.
- Conduct themselves in a manner that promotes safety and is appropriate to the workplace at all times.
- Treat others with dignity and respect, and abide by our shared values of integrity, fairness, stewardship, and engagement.
The company will not accept responsibility for loss of, or damage to your property whilst it is on company premises. However, if you lose or find any article please notify a member without delay.
Employees' personal appearance has a direct effect on the company's reputation and its relationship with clients, as well as with other employees. Employees' grooming and dress should give an appearance consistent with commonly accepted standards of the business community and should be appropriate to the working conditions. Employees are expected to present an appropriate image to clients, prospects, coworkers, and the public.
The company allows a 15-minute rest period (break) for each four (4) hours of continuous work and considers it "time worked." Rest periods/breaks cannot be used to reduce working hours or to extend lunch hours. No break time can be used outside of the half-day in which it accrues.
We encourage all employees to take lunch breaks. Generally, people take half an hour to an hour for lunch. You are welcome to take a longer lunch break - just make sure people know how long you expect to be away from your desk.